The Office of Research and Economic Development (ORED) is comprised of the Office of Research and the Office of Economic Development which advance and promote research and creative activities and serve the progressive needs of UM-Flint’s community by connecting university resources and expertise of faculty and students with community, industry, and business partners.
Mission & Objectives
- Advance and promote the research mission of UM-Flint by supporting faculty and students with services and resources to enhance creative endeavors
- Establish and nurture partnerships and collaborations with community agencies, businesses and industry, and private foundations
- Develop linkages between the Office of Research and Economic Development activities and UM-Flint educational programs
- Develop infrastructure, practices and policy to promote innovation, entrepreneurship, applied research, and tech-transfer culture at UM-Flint
- Communicate to the general public, to the state and region the value proposition of UM-Flint in general, and more specifically to greater Flint