For the Fall 2015 admission period, the University of Michigan-Flint will use the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS). The application will be available July 1-December 1, 2014.
Submit the following to PTCAS by December 1:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended in the United States (foreign transcripts are to be sent to the Office of Graduate Programs, not PTCAS)
- Two letters of reference submitted to PTCAS. At least one reference must be from a physical therapist who has observed you within the last five years in a clinical setting. The second reference may be from another physical therapist or a university professor who has instructed you in a course within the last five years, or who has acted as your academic advisor.
- Observation of Physical Therapist Hours: Arrange for a licensed physical therapist to review and verify your PT observation hours.
- 60 or more hours
- Two or more different types of clinical settings required
- 125 or more hours in four or more settings recommended
- Essay Questions specific to the DPT program at UM-Flint (part of the application you complete through PTCAS)
Submit the following directly to UM-Flint by December 1:
- $55 UM-Flint Supplemental Application Fee (paid online)
- GRE scores (general test) sent to UM-Flint Institutional Code #7737
- Verbal: Minimum score of 146
- Quantitative: Minimum score of 141
- Competitive scores are in the range of 150 Verbal and 144 Quantitative
- Must be completed before application will be considered for admission
- Foreign transcripts and diplomas or certificates of graduation from any colleges and universities you have attended from outside the United States (do not send to PTCAS)
- Additional Documentation if your native language is not English or you are an international student seeking a student visa. Visit the International Students page for details.
Please note UM-Flint does not hold interviews for admission to the DPT program.
Students are admitted in the fall semester only. The UM- Flint Physical Therapy program operates on a Rolling Admissions basis; we encourage you to apply early. The deadline to submit all your documents to PTCAS is December 1 to ensure full consideration of your application. It can take up to six weeks for PTCAS to send UM-Flint all of your documents after you have submitted them to PTCAS. If you do not submit all PTCAS materials to PTCAS by December 1, the materials may arrive to UM-Flint late and could take your application out of consideration.
Once an admission decision is made, it will be one of the following:
Standard Admission: You have met all the admission requirements. This is unusual, as most applicants are still taking classes at the time of application and cannot be considered for standard admission until those courses are complete.
Conditional Admission: You are conditionally admitted, pending completion of final undergraduate coursework (including bachelor’s degree and/or prerequisite courses). This is uncommon and indicates that you have exceptional undergraduate preparation, high GRE scores, strong recommendations and extensive volunteer experience. You have also conveyed all the information in your application in such a way that the admissions committee has no questions for clarification.
Deny: You have submitted an application that is not consistent with one that will lead to selection for the upcoming class.