What Sets UM-Flint's Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program Apart?
- The DPT program at UM-Flint employs a life-span approach, which encourages you to value and respect diversity of gender, race, culture and disability, regardless of age. As a result, you will:
- Be competent to treat persons from infancy through the elder years
- Develop your abilities as a critical thinker and a clinician who embraces evidence based practice
- UM-Flint’s DPT degree program offers clinical education experiences throughout the curriculum
- Part-time option is also available
- Students participate in a selection process for clinical internships which allows greater flexibility to choose specific internships of student interest or locations that are convenient to the student.
- You will benefit from outstanding faculty, whose record of excellence in scholarship and service as well as clinical specializations help to mentor you in clinical practice, research, and service.
- You will have opportunities to participate in professional development activities such as PT Heart, the student-led pro bono clinic, DPT Student Association, and state and national professional organizations.
- UM-Flint’s DPT program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- 100% of graduates from the classes of 2011-2013 secured employment within 6 months of graduation.
- 100% licensure examination pass rate for the classes of 2011, 2012 and 2013.