Welcome to the University of Michigan-Flint Department of Public Safety (DPS) website. Our website contains information about security, personal safety and support services available to you, as well as information about parking and transportation services.
The Department of Public Safety provides complete law enforcement services to the campus. Our Police Officers are licensed by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) and authorized to enforce all Federal, State, Local laws and Rules of the University of Michigan. Our officers are also deputized by Genesee County. Our officers are well trained in services unique to an academic institution. We are dedicated to the community policing philosophy as a way of delivering police services to our campus community.
Other services provided by the Department of Public Safety include Escort Services, Motorist Assistance, Medical Assistance, Personal Injury Reports, Lost and Found, Locksmith Services, Automobile Accident Reports, Emergency Notifications, and Fire Alarms and Extinguishers. Click here for more information.
Enhancing the future of our students and community through professionalism, service and safety.
Tap Ride App
- Download Tap Ride to your mobile device
- Open the Application and scroll down to where you see University of Michigan Flint
- Choose University of Michigan Flint and you will sign in using your University credentials
- Please provide your phone number in case our drivers or dispatchers need to contact you
- Once signed up, you can then request a ride within our campus Geo-Fence
- We have predetermined pick up and drop off locations but if your residence is within the Geo-Fence, you can provide the address.
- Once requested, you will be provided with an ETA and see the location of our Safe Ride van that will be picking you up