leadership learning community
The Leadership Learning Community is focused on helping students connect with their peers, make friends, learn about the University of Michigan-Flint community, and build a personal definition of leadership. Through both in class and out of class experiences students will discuss real world applications of different ways leadership can create positive change. This community is supported through multiple departments on campus including Housing and Residential Life, and Student Involvement & Leadership.
For more information, contact Chris DeEulis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early move-in to First Street Residential Hall
- Build relationships with other students
- Engage is service projects with the community
- Build leadership skills to prepare for your future
- Fun activities including: retreat, programs, and off-campus excursions
To apply for acceptance into the learning community, applicants must have been accepted for admission to UM-Flint, be a first-year or new student to UM-Flint and residing in First Street Residence Hall. Applicants must complete a Learning Community Application and a Student Housing Application.
Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship Description
The Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship is a one-year housing scholarship, up to the cost of a 4-person double room and meal plan in First Street Residence Hall.
Scholarship Eligibility & Requirements
The Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship is open to students who are enrolled in a Genesee County high school and have demonstrated significant high school leadership through high school involvement and/or classwork.
To apply for the Leadership Learning Community applicants must:
- Be admitted to UM-Flint;
- Have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Financial Aid;
- Complete the Student Housing application;
- Apply and be admitted into the Leadership Learning Community;
- Complete the scholarship application;
- Participate in an on-campus interview;
- Participate in all activities/classes associated with the Leadership Learning Community.