leadership learning community
The Leadership Learning Community is focused on helping students connect with their peers, make friends, learn about the University of Michigan-Flint community, and build a personal definition of leadership. Through in-class and out-of-class experiences, students will discuss real-world applications of different ways leadership can create positive change. This community is supported through multiple departments on campus, including Housing & Residential Life and Student Involvement & Leadership.
Advantages of joining the Leadership Learning Community:
- Build relationships with other students
- Engage in service projects with the community
- Build leadership skills to prepare for your future
- Engaging activities include: retreats, fun programs, and off-campus excursions
To apply for acceptance into the leadership learning community, applicants must have been accepted for admission to UM-Flint, be a first-year or new student to UM-Flint, and reside in First Street Residence Hall. Applicants must complete the Housing Application and the supplemental Leadership Learning Community Application.
Students must also be enrolled in University 100. During orientation, please consult with your academic advisor to ensure you sign up.
Apply to the Leadership Learning Community Here!
Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship Opportunity
The Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship is a one-year housing scholarship, up to the cost of a 4-person double room and meal plan in First Street Residence Hall.
Scholarship Eligibility & Requirements
The Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship is open to students enrolled in a Genesee County high school who have demonstrated significant high school leadership through high school involvement and/or classwork.
To apply for the Leadership Learning Community Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be admitted to UM-Flint;
- Have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Financial Aid;
- Complete the Student Housing application;
- Apply and be admitted into the Leadership Learning Community;
- Complete the scholarship application;
- Participate in an on-campus interview;
- Participate in all activities/classes associated with the Leadership Learning Community.
For more information, contact Chris DeEulis at firstname.lastname@example.org.