Wolverines for Social justice & diversity Residential Learning Community
The Wolverines for Social Justice & Diversity Residential Learning Community allows students to connect and grow in their understanding of social justice with a community of engaged scholars. Together, members of this community will participate in community service, scholarship, and co-curricular programming, holistically focusing on building their social justice capacity and toolbox. They will learn about systemic oppression and privilege related to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, social class, and other intersecting identities, ultimately leaving them more well-equipped to work as change agents in various domains of influence. This community is supported through the Intercultural Center, Social Work, and Housing and Residential Life.
Advantages of joining the Leadership Learning Community:
- Enhance your understanding of diversity and social justice
- Engage in intentional programming delivered by staff from the Intercultural Center
- Gain self-reflection skills to recognize, analyze, evaluate and regulate their thinking and actions, encouraging the development of professional use of self, commitment to positive social change, and intercultural exchanges.
- Accepted Admission to UM-Flint
- Enroll in Social Work 250: Social Justice & Diversity
- Complete the UM-Flint Housing Application
- Complete the supplemental learning community application
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
Book Scholarship: Those selected to be part of the Wolverines for Social Justice & Diversity learning community may be eligible to receive a book scholarship. More information will be provided to those that submit the supplemental application.
For more information, contact David Luke at email@example.com.