The Hagerman Center and Entrepreneur Society Present
A Zillion Solutions
Win over $3,250 in minutes
What is A Zillion Solutions?
Do you have a solution to a problem? A Zillion Solutions is a campus-wide competition where students of all majors (including undecided students) make a short video describing their unique idea for a new product or service that will solve a problem. The videos are shorter than 2 minutes, so entering takes no time! Just use your phone or if you don't like filming yourself just make a Powerpoint!
12 Prizes totaling over $6,000!
Add a Great Line to your Resume
Network with Investors and Employers
- Accepting videos from September 8th, 2018 to November 8th, 2018
- On November 15th, 2018 the finalists from each category will be announced
- A Zillion Solutions Finals and Award Ceremony is November 27th, 2018 at the North Bank Center at 5:30pm where students from different categories compete to win the grand prize, 1st runner up, fan favorite, and most entertaining.
A UM Flint student or student team from each school/college and undecided majors will WIN!
- $250 - College of Arts and Science –Arts and Humanities
- $250 - College of Arts and Science –STEM
- $250 - School of Education and Human Services
- $250 - College of Health Sciences
- $250 - School of Management
- $250 - School of Nursing
- $250 - Undecided Majors
$250 - Interdisciplinary Collaborations
Winners will then compete with each other for the University wide awards: Grand Prize, 1st Runner Up and School/College winners are also eligible to win both the Fan Favorite and Most Entertaining Awards. One team / student can win
$2,000 - Grand Prize
$1,000 - 1st Runner Up
$500 - Fan Favorite
$500 - Most Entertaining
All prizes are subject …. Individuals winning $250 or less will receive their award in the form of an all purpose gift card.
The Hagerman Center/Entrepreneur Society will never pursue your idea!
Their goal is to help you launch it!
- Eight category winners: A winner will be selected from each category, awarded $250, and move on to possibly win one of the two grand prizes. Category winners will be shown at the award ceremony and will all be given the opportunity to win the live fan favorite and most entertaining vote at the ceremony.
- One grand prize winner: The first place winner will be selected from the eight category winners and will be awarded an additional $2,000. The first place winner is also eligible to win the fan favorite and most enteraining vote at the ceremony.
- 1st Runner up: The second place winner will be selected from the eight category winners and will be awarded an additional $1,000. The second place winner is also eligible to win the fan favorite and most enteraining vote at the ceremony.
- Awards ceremony fan favorite winner: At the end of the awards ceremony, all attendants will vote on their favorite video and the winner of that vote will win an additional $500. The fan favorite winner is also eligible to win the most enteraining vote at the ceremony.
- Awards ceremony most enteraining winner: At the end of the awards ceremony, all attendants will vote on the most entertaining video and the winner of that vote will win an additional $500. The most enteraining winner is also eligible to win the fan favorite vote at the ceremony.
*One team / student can be eligible to win $3,250 total if they win their category ($250), Grand Prize ($2,000), Most Entertaining ($500), and the fan vote ($500). All prizes are subject to financial aid policies.
View last year’s winners:
***Details are still being worked out. Stay tuned for more information! For clarification and questions please reach out by email to email@example.com.