What is A Zillion Solutions?
Do you have a solution to a problem? A Zillion Solutions is a campus-wide competition where current students of all majors can express their ideas, solutions, or innovations in a short video. Video submissions can range from a mobile app, university improvement, a research idea, a business startup, etc. Videos submissions will be reviewed by Hagerman Center staff.
- Flint Revitalization
- Engineering & Inventions
- Green Solutions
- Mobile Apps
- Product/Service Innovation
- Social Media Solution
- Tech & Web
- University Improvement
- Each video may be entered in one to three categories.
- Videos must be shorter than two minutes.
- Suggested video structure:
- First, introduce yourself! (Name, Major, Class Rank, i.e. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
- Then, explain your solution! What is the problem you are trying to solve, and how will your solution, idea, or innovation solve it?
- Be as professional or casual as possible. There are no limits on creativity or enthusiasm, but no profanity, please!
- Judging criteria is based on creativity, originality, and presentation.
Below are some sample videos. Some of these are longer than two minutes, yours should not be. You do not need to follow this exact format. Be creative!
- Ten category winners: A winner will be selected from each category, awarded $100, and move on to possibly win one of the two grand prizes. Category winners will be shown at the award ceremony and will all be given the opportunity to win the live fan favorite vote at the ceremony.
- One first place winner: The first place winner will be selected from the ten category winners and will be awarded an additional $250. The first place winner is also eligible to win the fan vote at the ceremony.
- One second place winner: The second place winner will be selected from the ten category winners and will be awarded an additional $150. The second place winner is also eligible to win the fan vote at the ceremony.
- One awards ceremony fan favorite winner: At the end of the awards ceremony, all attendants will vote on their favorite video and the winner of that vote will win an additional $100 (and possibly more to be announced soon).
*Winners of categories and the winner of second place overall will get Amazon gift cards. The overall first place winner and fan favorite will receive monetary awards. Competitors are eligible to win $450 total if they win their category ($100), first place ($250), and the fan vote ($100). All prizes are subject to financial aid policies. You can make multiple entries to increase your chances of winning!
- Submit your video(s): Monday, October 2nd - Tuesday, November 28th
- Finalists announced: Wednesday, November 29th
- A Zillion Solutions award ceremony: Tuesday, December 5th at 6:00 pm in the Northbank Center Grand Ballroom
Ready to Submit Your Idea? It's easy!
- Record your video based on guidelines above.
- Upload to Youtube. Read the submission guidelines!
- Click HERE to submit video.
- RSVP to attend A Zillion Solutions Awards Celebration on Tuesday, December 5th at 6:00 pm in the Northbank Center Grand Ballroom.
Questions? Email email@example.com.