The Leadership Learning Community is a residential experience focused on helping students connect with their peers, make friends, learn about the University of Michigan-Flint community, and build a personal definition of leadership. Participants engage in classes, workshops, experiential learning, and community service activities. The Leadership Learning Community offers many opportunities for students to expand their horizons, to learn not only about leadership, but also about culture, other people, and themselves.
Leadership Learning Community Participant Criteria
To apply for acceptance into the Leadership Learning Community, applicants must have been accepted for admission to the University of Michigan-Flint, be a first-year or new student to UM-Flint and residing in First Street Residence Hall. Applicants must complete a Learning Community Application.
Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship Description
The Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship is a one-year housing scholarship, up to the cost of a 4-person double room and meal plan in First Street Residence Hall.
The Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship is open to students who are enrolled in a Genesee County High School and have demonstrated significant high school leadership through high school involvement and/or classwork.
- To apply for the Leadership Learning Community Housing Scholarship applicants must:
- Be admitted to the University of Michigan-Flint;
- Have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with Student Financial Aid;
- Be admitted into the Leadership Learning Community;
- Complete the scholarship application by Priority Deadline of May 1, 2021; Final Deadline of June 20, 2021
- Participate in an interview between June 29 – July 2, 2021;
- Participate in all activities/classes associated with Leadership Learning Community throughout the 2021-2022 academic year.