There’s a place for you at UM-Flint.

Not every student at UM-Flint falls into the traditional freshman or transfer student categories. We’ve provided general application information for a wide range of scholars. 

Returning Students

Finish what you started. Wherever you are in your educational journey at UM-Flint, or if you’ve been away, we’re here to help you finish your degree and reach your goals. Take the next step and finish strong. Apply for Readmission. 

Dual Enrollment

Available to students at participating high schools, our dual enrollment programs offer the unique opportunity to take college courses taught by UM-Flint faculty and get a head start on the university experience.

Guest Students

Be our guest. Continue your education in the summer while living at home. 

Non-Candidate for Degree (NCFD)

Students who've already earned a bachelor’s degree and/or are interested in taking a few classes for personal enrichment, continuing education, or teacher’s certification are considered NCFD students. Learn more by visiting our Non-Candidate for Degree page.

Genesee Early College Student (GEC)

Students who've completed their high school education through the Genesee Early College are invited to apply as first-time freshmen at UM-Flint.


Students living outside of Michigan.


UM-Flint welcomes veterans and active-duty service men and women. Student veterans are welcome to apply here. To support a successful transition to university and civilian life, we offer dedicated services via our Student Veterans Resource Center. This center offers assistance with accessing education benefits as well as connecting to campus and community resources.