Guidelines for Recognition AP, IB, & CLEP Exams

UM-Flint students can earn college credit by achieving by taking Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or College-Level Equivalency Program (CLEP) exams. The following guides include the exams for which we award credit, the minimum score that must be achieved, and the equivalent UM-Flint course/s:

Duplicate credit cannot be awarded for the same course and a student may not repeat a course for credit at the University of Michigan-Flint if credit has previously been awarded. If a student enrolls in a course for which AP, IB, or CLEP equivalency credit has already been awarded, the equivalency credit will be permanently removed from the student’s record.

Questions about CLEP examinations, College Board AP, or International Baccalaureate credits should be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.