We Welcome Guest Students at the University of Michigan-Flint
Students enrolled at another accredited college or university who are in good academic standing may attend UM-Flint as guest students by obtaining permission from both the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and their home school.
Fill out the Guest Application. Fill out Part I of the application. The application can be printed and taken (or emailed) to your home university’s registrar where Part II will be completed and signed. Your registrar will mail or email the form directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Most Michigan institutions use this application process. Some universities may offer an online guest application. If this is the case, follow your home university’s guidelines. Check with your home university’s registrar for details.
Course offerings for future terms can be found here. The student must verify that the courses and/or grades will transfer back to the home institution.
Students will receive an admission decision by email and by mail with directions outlining the registration process. More information can be found on the Guest Student Orientation page.
- Are not eligible for financial aid
- Must be regularly enrolled students for degree completion at the home institution
- Must be in good academic standing or eligible to return to the home institution
- Must apply for each semester of attendance (spring and summer may be combined on the same application).
- Have not been admitted to a degree-seeking program at the University of Michigan-Flint
- Are responsible to determine the transferability of guest credit to the home institution
- Must order an official transcript to be sent to the home institution upon completion of coursework