Your Michigan degree…simplified.
The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) allows students to complete general education requirements at a participating community college and to transfer this credit to the University of Michigan-Flint.
To complete the MTA, students must earn at least 30 credits from an approved list of courses at a sending institution with a grade of “C” (2.0) or above in each course. A list of approved MTA courses offered at participating institutions can be found at MiTransfer.org. This credit must be completed according to the following distribution:
- One course in English Composition
- A second course in English Composition or one course in Communications
- One course in Mathematics from one of three pathways: Pathway to Calculus (includes College Algebra), Statistics, or Quantitative Reasoning
- Two courses in Social Science (from two disciplines)
- Two courses in Humanities/Fine Arts (from two disciplines, excluding studio and performance classes)
- Two courses in Natural Science including one laboratory experience (from two disciplines)
MTA completion must be indicated on an official transcript from a participating institution. Completion of the MTA will satisfy the following University of Michigan-Flint general education requirements:
- English Composition
- Fine Arts
- Natural Science
- Social Science
Students who have not completed the MTA will receive a course by course evaluation of their transfer credit. Individual equivalencies can be found at transfer.umflint.edu.