Guidelines for Recognition AP, IB, and CLEP Courses

Duplicate credit cannot be awarded for AP, IB, or CLEP exams and a student may not repeat a course for credit at the University of Michigan-Flint if credit has previously been awarded through the AP, IB, or CLEP credit equivalency programs. If a student enrolls in a course for which AP, IB, or CLEP equivalency credit has been awarded, the equivalency credit will be permanently removed from the student’s record.

Individuals desiring recognition of CLEP examinations for credit at the University of Michigan-Flint must present official CLEP reports for all exams taken PRIOR to enrollment at UM-Flint. No credit will be awarded for CLEP examinations taken after the start of a student’s first semester/term of enrollment at UM-Flint.

Questions about CLEP examinations, College Board AP, or International Baccalaureate credits should be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.