Finish what you started.

Wherever you are in your educational journey at UM-Flint, or if you’ve been away, we’re here to help you finish your degree and reach your goals. Take the next step to finish strong.

Apply for Readmission

If you've attended UM-Flint for at least one semester and have not attended class in over one year, take these steps to apply as a readmitting student. There’s no application fee. You’ll be notified of a decision within two weeks of receiving your documents.

Not sure where you stand with your requirements? Schedule a meeting with an Admissions Counselor to get back on track. Call (810) 762-3300 or email

Ready to Register?

If you completed your last semester at UM-Flint within the last year, you may register for classes online or through the Registrar’s Office. There’s no need to reapply.

UM-Flint Graduates

If you’ve already graduated from UM-Flint and are interested in returning to take additional courses or to complete a Teacher’s Certification, apply as a non-candidate for degree

If you’re a UM-Flint graduate interested in returning to complete another undergraduate degree, apply as a transfer student.

If you’re a UM-Flint graduate and would like to return for a graduate degree, please visit Graduate Programs for more information on how to apply. 

Readmission After Dismissal

Students who are academically dismissed from UM-Flint may be considered for readmission if they have:

  • Completed at least 12 transferable credit hours at another accredited institution in courses not previously taken at UM-Flint
  • Maintained a minimum GPA of 2.75

Students who meet these requirements may apply as a readmitting student

Students may also choose to petition Academic Standards for readmission to UM-Flint. Contact the Academic Advising and Career Center for more information and to schedule an appointment with an advisor at (810) 762-3085.