Frequently Asked Questions
I received a Direct Admission Pathway letter of admission from UM-Flint, what are my next steps?
- Submit UM-Flint’s simple and free online application at go.umflint.edu/apply.
- Request that your high school send UM-Flint your official transcript.
- While not required for admission, you are encouraged to submit SAT or ACT exam scores for full scholarship consideration.
- If you are entering UM-Flint in fall 2023, file the 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and send it to UM-Flint using the school code: 002327. The 2024-25 FAFSA will be available on or before Jan. 1, 2024, for the following year. The FAFSA must be updated and filed each year thereafter.
- Register for new student orientation. UM-Flint does not require an enrollment deposit, so registering for orientation is your way of letting us know you’re ready to be a UM-Flint Wolverine! Orientation registration will open in early January.
How are students selected to be admitted through the Direct Admission Pathway?
UM-Flint works with partner high schools to identify students who meet the university’s academic criteria for admission.
What student information do partner high schools share with UM-Flint?
Partner schools share the names and contact information of qualified students with UM-Flint. Contact information is considered directory information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and may be shared unless the student or their parent/guardian – if the student is younger than 18 – has opted out of such disclosures. No protected information – such as grades, standardized test scores, enrollment history or disciplinary records – will be shared with UM-Flint.
If I’ve already been admitted, why do I need to submit an application?
An application is required in order for UM-Flint to collect important information about you and your educational plans, such as your up-to-date contact information, anticipated major, and your Social Security number, which is necessary to match your student record with your FAFSA results.
What scholarships are available to students admitted through the Direct Admission Pathway?
Admitted students will be considered for all scholarships and grants normally available to all new students.
How long is my offer of admission valid? Am I able to defer my admission to a later term?
An offer of admission is only valid for the term listed on the admission letter. If you plan to enroll for a later semester, you should submit an online application for that term. If you enroll at another college or university after graduating from high school, your application will be considered based on our admission criteria for transfer students.
My admissions letter says that my admission is contingent based on the verification of my eligibility. What does this mean?
In rare instances, a student may be required to submit documentation in addition to their application and official high school transcript in order to determine whether they meet the university’s academic and non-academic admission criteria. Students will be notified by email if this is the case.